Maxwell inspired by McCullum`s historic triple ton
Sydney: Australian all-rounder Glenn Maxwell is reportedly inspired by New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum`s history-making triple century against India to be a serious first-class player and extend his Test career.
In three innings since the resumption of the Sheffield Shield, Maxwell`s 340 runs showed that he too is capable of producing innings of substance amid the fireworks and he sealed off that intent by signing with county side Hampshire with the intention of playing first-class cricket as well as the short formats.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, McCullum, who owns two of the top five scores in Twenty20 internationals, batted for almost 13 hours in Wellington to make 302-the first by a Kiwi batsman, and Maxwell said that it is amazing to see that the skipper still had the concentration to keep going despite facing 580 balls.
Maxwell also said that McCullum was still leaving balls well and watching the line and hitting the ball on its merits, adding that he has also been heavily involved in T20 cricket and heavily sought after by IPL teams.
Hoping to follow in his new idol`s footsteps, Maxwell also said that he is inspired by McCullum`s easy adaptability between the formats, adding that although McCullum has still got the aggressive shots, it does not take away from his natural flair as he harnesses it a lot better than most players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof