MCA bans Prof Shetty for five years
Mumbai: Senior BCCI official Prof Ratnakar Shetty was on Tuesday banned for five years by the Mumbai Cricket Association for alleging that some MCA office bearers could have sold tickets for an India-Pakistan T20 International at Ahmedabad last year in the black market.
"Yes. He has been banned for five years from representing any club under MCA`s jurisdiction. It does not prevent him from coming to MCA`s premises," MCA president Ravi Savant told PTI today.
"We have not prevented him from earning his bread and butter," added Savant.
The ban is effective till June 2, 2018 and Prof Shetty is to challenge it in a court of law, it was learnt.
Shetty is the BCCI`s General Manager, Game Development, and the Board`s office is in the same building as the MCA at the Wankhede Stadium.
Savant further said that the ban has been imposed for his allegations against some MCA office bearers, regarding a December 22 T20 match, which have been found untrue after the association conducted an inquiry.
The decision to ban Shetty, who has been associated with the MCA for several years and served it in the capacity of committee member, secretary, treasurer and vice president, was taken on May 14 by the managing committee.
The committee also gave Shetty additional time to listen to the video recording of the meeting and his allegations and then revert to the MCA, which he did a few days ago.
The letter informing the imposition of the ban was delivered to him today, according to sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir