MCA bans Prof Shetty for five years
Mumbai: Senior BCCI official Prof Ratnakar Shetty was on Tuesday banned for five years by the Mumbai Cricket Association for alleging that some MCA office bearers could have sold tickets for an India-Pakistan T20 International at Ahmedabad last year in the black market.
"Yes. He has been banned for five years from representing any club under MCA`s jurisdiction. It does not prevent him from coming to MCA`s premises," MCA president Ravi Savant told PTI today.
"We have not prevented him from earning his bread and butter," added Savant.
The ban is effective till June 2, 2018 and Prof Shetty is to challenge it in a court of law, it was learnt.
Shetty is the BCCI`s General Manager, Game Development, and the Board`s office is in the same building as the MCA at the Wankhede Stadium.
Savant further said that the ban has been imposed for his allegations against some MCA office bearers, regarding a December 22 T20 match, which have been found untrue after the association conducted an inquiry.
The decision to ban Shetty, who has been associated with the MCA for several years and served it in the capacity of committee member, secretary, treasurer and vice president, was taken on May 14 by the managing committee.
The committee also gave Shetty additional time to listen to the video recording of the meeting and his allegations and then revert to the MCA, which he did a few days ago.
The letter informing the imposition of the ban was delivered to him today, according to sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past