New Delhi: Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) on Sunday decided not to challenge BCCI-imposed ban on tainted player Ankeet Chavan.
The managing committee of the association arrived at this decision during their meeting in Mumbai.
Chavan who was banned for life by the Indian board after his name came up in the 2013 IPL spot-fixing case, had requested MCA for support and be allowed to resume his cricket career.
After receiving the request from the cricketer, Mumbai Cricket Association's joint secretary Dr PV Shetty stated: "We have received a formal request from Chavan that he be allowed to play again. We will put it before our President Shri Sharad Pawar and other managing committee members at our meeting on Sunday."
"We may decide to forward his letter along with our own decision to the BCCI. But we will abide by whatever the BCCI says, " he added.
Chavan was cleared of spot fixing charges levied by the Delhi police by a trial court.
However the BCCI which had conducted it's own enquiry on the charges relating to the 2013 edition of IPL has said that the ban would not be lifted.
Earlier in the month, BCCI treasurer and secretary of Haryana Cricket Association Aniruddh Chaudhary too had made it clear that his state association would not make any plea to the Baord to revoke the ban imposed on tainted cricketer Ajit Chandila.