MCA dismisses reports about Wankhede hosting Ind-Eng ODI
Mumbai: The Mumbai Cricket Association officials rubbished reports that there are doubts over Wankhede Stadium hosting India-England third ODI on October 23 as the venue is yet to get a full Occupation Certificate (OC) from the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC).
"There`s no problem in hosting the tie. Our architect Shashi Prabhu is to meet the officials of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation tomorrow," said MCA joint secretary Nitin Dalal.
Work on the storm water drainage has not been completed at the new Wankhede Stadium, which was given a provisional OC for the World Cup and the Indian Premier League earlier this year.
The work needs to be completed on the storm water drainage to get the certificate.
But when asked about this, a long-serving MCA official, who did not want to be named, said that the question should be posed to the reporter who had filed the story.
"I don`t want to comment or react. Kindly ask the person who has issued the news report. He seems to be better informed than me," the official fumed.
Wankhede Stadium, which was off limits to cricket related activities for more than a year and a half as it went massive renovation to give it a totally new look, is also set to host the Test match between India and the West Indies from November 22-26.