MCA to write another letter to CCI on seeking NOC
Mumbai: Not satisfied with the reply provided by the Cricket Club of India to their show cause notice issued a month ago as to why their license to play in local tournaments should not be revoked, Mumbai Cricket Association on Saturday decided to write a second letter to the club.
"We got a reply from CCI, but there was no mention of seeking our NOC before hosting BCCI-allotted matches in future. The reply only detailed how CCI has always supported MCA in the past," said Nitin Dalal after MCA`s managing committee met today under the chairmanship of president Sharad Pawar.
"We will await the reply to our second letter which would be sent out on Monday before deciding our future course of action," Dalal told PTI.
MCA officials were miffed after CCI was allotted one of the IPL games originally given to them in May by BCCI, contending that all Cricket Board-organised matches in Mumbai should be routed through MCA.
BCCI decided to shift the May 28 IPL Eliminator between Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians from MCA`s Wankhede Stadium to CCI`s Brabourne saying it wants to spread the tournament games to more venues in the country.
MCA officials were not amused at the shift of this game as well as the June 1 final to Bangalore though Wankhede hosted two play offs as was originally planned by BCCI.
MCA, at its managing committee meeting on June 6, then decided to issue the show cause notice to CCI, also an affiliated unit of BCCI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India