MCA wants proper procedure to be followed at BCCI meet
Mumbai: While supporting the increasing clamour from members for the resignation of under-fire BCCI President N Srinivasan, Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) wants a proper procedure to be followed in achieving this objective.
MCA today insisted that everything should be done as per the BCCI`s constitution at the crucial Working Committee meeting in Chennai tomorrow.
"We don`t support any scandal in cricket. But we want a proper process to be followed so that any decision taken can stand in a court of law," MCA President Ravi Savant said on eve of the meet.
Savant said as per the BCCI`s memorandum of rules and regulations, the working committee cannot remove the President and it can be done only by convening a special general body meeting for the purpose.
"The working committee cannot remove the president. The only way (for removal) is to call a special general body meeting of the BCCI."
Savant maintained that tomorrow`s meeting has been convened without giving the mandatory three days` notice and hence it is `unconstitutional`.
Consequently, "any decision taken in the meeting will be ineffective and cannot be implemented," said the MCA chief.
Savant will be representing MCA at the meet convened in the wake of defiance by Srinivasan, embroiled in the IPL scandal following the arrest of his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan, who has till now ignored calls from several BCCI members to step down from his post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in