MCA wants proper procedure to be followed at BCCI meet
Mumbai: While supporting the increasing clamour from members for the resignation of under-fire BCCI President N Srinivasan, Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) wants a proper procedure to be followed in achieving this objective.
MCA today insisted that everything should be done as per the BCCI`s constitution at the crucial Working Committee meeting in Chennai tomorrow.
"We don`t support any scandal in cricket. But we want a proper process to be followed so that any decision taken can stand in a court of law," MCA President Ravi Savant said on eve of the meet.
Savant said as per the BCCI`s memorandum of rules and regulations, the working committee cannot remove the President and it can be done only by convening a special general body meeting for the purpose.
"The working committee cannot remove the president. The only way (for removal) is to call a special general body meeting of the BCCI."
Savant maintained that tomorrow`s meeting has been convened without giving the mandatory three days` notice and hence it is `unconstitutional`.
Consequently, "any decision taken in the meeting will be ineffective and cannot be implemented," said the MCA chief.
Savant will be representing MCA at the meet convened in the wake of defiance by Srinivasan, embroiled in the IPL scandal following the arrest of his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan, who has till now ignored calls from several BCCI members to step down from his post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued