MCC calls for inclusion of T20 cricket in 2024 Olympic Games
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: MCC`s world cricket committee has called for the inclusion of Twenty20 cricket at the 2024 Olympic Games.
Cricket, having received full Olympic recognition in 2010, stands a chance of being included in future games, but will have to apply to be on the programme.
The earliest the International Cricket Council (ICC) can apply for cricket to feature at an Olympic Games is 2024.
Following a two-day meeting in Auckland, the MCC world cricket committee said that financial losses the game might suffer from the sport being in the Olympics would be outweighed by the exposure the game will get.
Cricket has appeared in the Games at the 1900 Paris Olympics, when Britain beat France by 158 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing