MCC calls for inclusion of T20 cricket in 2024 Olympic Games
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: MCC`s world cricket committee has called for the inclusion of Twenty20 cricket at the 2024 Olympic Games.
Cricket, having received full Olympic recognition in 2010, stands a chance of being included in future games, but will have to apply to be on the programme.
The earliest the International Cricket Council (ICC) can apply for cricket to feature at an Olympic Games is 2024.
Following a two-day meeting in Auckland, the MCC world cricket committee said that financial losses the game might suffer from the sport being in the Olympics would be outweighed by the exposure the game will get.
Cricket has appeared in the Games at the 1900 Paris Olympics, when Britain beat France by 158 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding