MCC calls for inclusion of T20 cricket in 2024 Olympic Games
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: MCC`s world cricket committee has called for the inclusion of Twenty20 cricket at the 2024 Olympic Games.
Cricket, having received full Olympic recognition in 2010, stands a chance of being included in future games, but will have to apply to be on the programme.
The earliest the International Cricket Council (ICC) can apply for cricket to feature at an Olympic Games is 2024.
Following a two-day meeting in Auckland, the MCC world cricket committee said that financial losses the game might suffer from the sport being in the Olympics would be outweighed by the exposure the game will get.
Cricket has appeared in the Games at the 1900 Paris Olympics, when Britain beat France by 158 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof