MCC calls for inclusion of T20 cricket in 2024 Olympic Games
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: MCC`s world cricket committee has called for the inclusion of Twenty20 cricket at the 2024 Olympic Games.
Cricket, having received full Olympic recognition in 2010, stands a chance of being included in future games, but will have to apply to be on the programme.
The earliest the International Cricket Council (ICC) can apply for cricket to feature at an Olympic Games is 2024.
Following a two-day meeting in Auckland, the MCC world cricket committee said that financial losses the game might suffer from the sport being in the Olympics would be outweighed by the exposure the game will get.
Cricket has appeared in the Games at the 1900 Paris Olympics, when Britain beat France by 158 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Deepika Padukone enters 'world`s highest-paid actresses' list
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding