MCC calls for inclusion of T20 cricket in 2024 Olympic Games
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: MCC`s world cricket committee has called for the inclusion of Twenty20 cricket at the 2024 Olympic Games.
Cricket, having received full Olympic recognition in 2010, stands a chance of being included in future games, but will have to apply to be on the programme.
The earliest the International Cricket Council (ICC) can apply for cricket to feature at an Olympic Games is 2024.
Following a two-day meeting in Auckland, the MCC world cricket committee said that financial losses the game might suffer from the sport being in the Olympics would be outweighed by the exposure the game will get.
Cricket has appeared in the Games at the 1900 Paris Olympics, when Britain beat France by 158 runs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview