McCullum says Black Caps carrying momentum ahead of Boxing Day T20
Wellington: New Zealand captain Brendan McCullum has claimed that they are carrying the momentum with them ahead of the final Twenty20 match against South Africa on Tuesday after their thrilling eight-wicket win in the second match.
New Zealand chased down 169 in 19 overs in the second game of the series at East London yesterday, thanks mainly to opener Martin Guptill, who struck 101 not out, bringing up his century and hitting the winning runs with a four off the final ball of the game, Stuff.co.nz reports.
It was a much needed win after the side failed to deliver in the first game where they were dismissed for just 86 runs, a total chased down in the 13th over, the paper said.
McCullum said the players stayed strong to the team planning and stayed tight as a group, and added the win in second T20 was a great comeback. The captain also believes this is result that will leapfrog them into the final game and the series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani