McCullum says Black Caps carrying momentum ahead of Boxing Day T20
Wellington: New Zealand captain Brendan McCullum has claimed that they are carrying the momentum with them ahead of the final Twenty20 match against South Africa on Tuesday after their thrilling eight-wicket win in the second match.
New Zealand chased down 169 in 19 overs in the second game of the series at East London yesterday, thanks mainly to opener Martin Guptill, who struck 101 not out, bringing up his century and hitting the winning runs with a four off the final ball of the game, Stuff.co.nz reports.
It was a much needed win after the side failed to deliver in the first game where they were dismissed for just 86 runs, a total chased down in the 13th over, the paper said.
McCullum said the players stayed strong to the team planning and stayed tight as a group, and added the win in second T20 was a great comeback. The captain also believes this is result that will leapfrog them into the final game and the series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi