McCullum says Black Caps carrying momentum ahead of Boxing Day T20
Wellington: New Zealand captain Brendan McCullum has claimed that they are carrying the momentum with them ahead of the final Twenty20 match against South Africa on Tuesday after their thrilling eight-wicket win in the second match.
New Zealand chased down 169 in 19 overs in the second game of the series at East London yesterday, thanks mainly to opener Martin Guptill, who struck 101 not out, bringing up his century and hitting the winning runs with a four off the final ball of the game, Stuff.co.nz reports.
It was a much needed win after the side failed to deliver in the first game where they were dismissed for just 86 runs, a total chased down in the 13th over, the paper said.
McCullum said the players stayed strong to the team planning and stayed tight as a group, and added the win in second T20 was a great comeback. The captain also believes this is result that will leapfrog them into the final game and the series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country