McDermott claims `unparalleled` Oz pacers may prove `dangerous` for England in Ashes
London: Australia`s bowling coach Craig McDermott has backed fast bowlers such as James Pattinson and Peter Siddle to thrive during the Ashes series in England this summer.
Despite Australia suffering a 4-0 thrashing at the hands of India recently, The Mirror quoted McDermott, who claimed 291 test wickets during his international career, as saying that the young Australian pacers are unparalleled to any other, and warned England not to be complacent ahead of their Champions Trophy encounter at Edgbaston.
McDermott said both bowling sides were extremely well-matched provided the Australian players are fit.
McDermott also said if fast bowlers Ryan Harris and Jackson Bird are included in the first eleven, the Australian bowling attack would be a handy one.
McDermott praised the England bowling attack, especially the likes of James Anderson and Steven Finn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...