McDermott claims `unparalleled` Oz pacers may prove `dangerous` for England in Ashes
London: Australia`s bowling coach Craig McDermott has backed fast bowlers such as James Pattinson and Peter Siddle to thrive during the Ashes series in England this summer.
Despite Australia suffering a 4-0 thrashing at the hands of India recently, The Mirror quoted McDermott, who claimed 291 test wickets during his international career, as saying that the young Australian pacers are unparalleled to any other, and warned England not to be complacent ahead of their Champions Trophy encounter at Edgbaston.
McDermott said both bowling sides were extremely well-matched provided the Australian players are fit.
McDermott also said if fast bowlers Ryan Harris and Jackson Bird are included in the first eleven, the Australian bowling attack would be a handy one.
McDermott praised the England bowling attack, especially the likes of James Anderson and Steven Finn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city