McDermott claims `unparalleled` Oz pacers may prove `dangerous` for England in Ashes
London: Australia`s bowling coach Craig McDermott has backed fast bowlers such as James Pattinson and Peter Siddle to thrive during the Ashes series in England this summer.
Despite Australia suffering a 4-0 thrashing at the hands of India recently, The Mirror quoted McDermott, who claimed 291 test wickets during his international career, as saying that the young Australian pacers are unparalleled to any other, and warned England not to be complacent ahead of their Champions Trophy encounter at Edgbaston.
McDermott said both bowling sides were extremely well-matched provided the Australian players are fit.
McDermott also said if fast bowlers Ryan Harris and Jackson Bird are included in the first eleven, the Australian bowling attack would be a handy one.
McDermott praised the England bowling attack, especially the likes of James Anderson and Steven Finn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump