McDermott claims `unparalleled` Oz pacers may prove `dangerous` for England in Ashes
London: Australia`s bowling coach Craig McDermott has backed fast bowlers such as James Pattinson and Peter Siddle to thrive during the Ashes series in England this summer.
Despite Australia suffering a 4-0 thrashing at the hands of India recently, The Mirror quoted McDermott, who claimed 291 test wickets during his international career, as saying that the young Australian pacers are unparalleled to any other, and warned England not to be complacent ahead of their Champions Trophy encounter at Edgbaston.
McDermott said both bowling sides were extremely well-matched provided the Australian players are fit.
McDermott also said if fast bowlers Ryan Harris and Jackson Bird are included in the first eleven, the Australian bowling attack would be a handy one.
McDermott praised the England bowling attack, especially the likes of James Anderson and Steven Finn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Vietnam scientists spot rare endangered primates
- David Warner named Australia captain as Steve Smith heads home to rest ahead of hectic home schedule
- Is butter healthy? Five reasons to eat Krishna's favourite!
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan
- Laver Cup: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal to play doubles together