McGrath excited about new crop of Oz pacers with ‘lot of potential’
Sydney: Test cricket`s most successful fast bowler, Glenn McGrath, has said that the new crop of emerging Australian pacers have both the opportunity and the potential, but they need to be consistent.
McGrath admits to keeping an eye from a distance on Australia`s emerging fast bowlers, and believes the current crop - including Pat Cummins, fellow New South Welshmen Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Starc, and Victoria`s James Pattinson - is the most promising in years, The Age reports.
The former Australia pacer said that staying clear of injury, then taking the opportunities as they came was the key to these emerging bowlers’ success.
``Last year there were a lot of injury worries with fast bowlers right across this country, which I found a little bit unusual and a little bit disheartening,`` McGrath said.
“But if those guys can keep on the path, obviously they`ve got a lot of potential,” he added.
McGrath, who took 563 wickets during his Test career, headed seven sports personalities who were inducted into the Sport Australia Hall of Fame in Melbourne.
Apart from McGrath, surfer Layne Beachley, triathlete Greg Welch, cricketer Belinda Clark, administrator Lorraine Landon, journalist Judy-Joy Davies and boxer Kosta Tszyu were inducted into the Sport Australia Hall of Fame.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference