McGrath excited about new crop of Oz pacers with ‘lot of potential’
Sydney: Test cricket`s most successful fast bowler, Glenn McGrath, has said that the new crop of emerging Australian pacers have both the opportunity and the potential, but they need to be consistent.
McGrath admits to keeping an eye from a distance on Australia`s emerging fast bowlers, and believes the current crop - including Pat Cummins, fellow New South Welshmen Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Starc, and Victoria`s James Pattinson - is the most promising in years, The Age reports.
The former Australia pacer said that staying clear of injury, then taking the opportunities as they came was the key to these emerging bowlers’ success.
``Last year there were a lot of injury worries with fast bowlers right across this country, which I found a little bit unusual and a little bit disheartening,`` McGrath said.
“But if those guys can keep on the path, obviously they`ve got a lot of potential,” he added.
McGrath, who took 563 wickets during his Test career, headed seven sports personalities who were inducted into the Sport Australia Hall of Fame in Melbourne.
Apart from McGrath, surfer Layne Beachley, triathlete Greg Welch, cricketer Belinda Clark, administrator Lorraine Landon, journalist Judy-Joy Davies and boxer Kosta Tszyu were inducted into the Sport Australia Hall of Fame.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest