Medical team advises Flintoff to delay return from injury
Sydney: The long-awaited return of England all rounder Andrew Flintoff, who underwent knee surgery, has been delayed on the advice of his county’s medical team.
Flintoff was set to play in a one-day match for Lancashire’s second eleven against Yorkshire on Monday, but the all-rounder has been held back on the advice of his county’s medical team.
The 32-year-old all rounder has had two knee operations since helping England win the Ashes against Australia in the final Test at the Oval last year.
Flintoff retired from Test cricket after that match, but he still hopes to play in one-day internationals for England, as well as representing his county in domestic action, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
The positive news for Flintoff is Lancashire insist this latest delay is only a minor setback and it is believed he could still play in a three-day game against Yorkshire’s reserves starting on Tuesday.
“Nothing’s happened, it’s just a case of them (medical staff) being happy with the level of conditioning around the knee and his general body so that when he does play he’s at minimum risk of getting injured again,” The Guardian quoted Lancashire coach Peter Moores, as saying.
“It’s been a long rehab so far, and what they’re making sure is that it’s not rushed. It’s got to be right,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price