Meiyappan only honorary member of CSK: India Cements
Zee Media Bureau
Chennai: Gurunath Meiyappan, who has been facing the heat after his alleged links with arrested Vindoo Dara Singh came to light, has now been disowned by India Cements the owner of the Chennai Super Kings.
In a statement by India Cements, it has said that Meiyappan is neither the owner, CEO, nor the team Principal of the Chennai Super Kings. He is only an honorary member of the Chennai team management.
"Mr Gurunath is only one of the members (Honorary) of the Management Team of Chennai Super Kings. India Cements follows zero tolerance policy and if anyone is proved guilty, strict action will be taken immediately. India Cements assures full co-operation with BCCI and the Law Enforcement authorities," India Cements said in the statement.
India Cements has also assured full cooperation to the BCCI in its investigation against spot-fixing in the Indian Premiere League.
This statement comes after reports of the BCCI considering the termination of the franchise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'