Melbourne Renegades fined for slow over rate
Melbourne: Melbourne Renegades have been penalised for maintaining a slow over rate in their Big Bash League (BBL) match against the Melbourne Stars Sunday night.
After time allowances were taken into consideration, the Renegades were assessed to be one over behind the required rate at the end of the match. Under the BBL playing conditions, each member of the playing eleven is fined $250 and captain Aaron Finch also incurs one strike.
Another slow-over rate penalty incurred by the Renegades this season will result in Finch, if he is playing in the match, being automatically suspended for one match, according to a BBL release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon