Michael Clarke to know by end of week if fit for India tour
Sydney: Australian captain Michael Clarke has admitted that his troublesome back is still feeling stiff and sore ahead of the upcoming seven-match ODI tour of India.
Clarke, who had to refrain from making any diving catches during the launch of a T20 tournament in Sydney, will reportedly get to know by the end of the week if he is fit for the tour or not.
According to News.com.au, Clarke said that he is having treatment two or three times a day at the moment to give himself every chance to become fit for the tour, adding that he believes that this week is important for him in view of finding out if he is fit enough for the India tour.
However, Clarke expressed his desire to play in the tour, which also has a single Twenty20 game, adding that it is important for him to continue to play in both formats, one-day and Test cricket.
Although the report said that the scheduling of the India tour just a month ahead of the return Ashes series is less than ideal, Clarke, however, said that any cricket, no matter what format, provides good preparation for a Test series, adding that a player needs to be consistent no matter whatever format he is playing in.
According to Clarke, playing Test cricket and one-day matches have a lot of similarities, especially in batting, for which he added that consistency in required in both the formats
Clarke also expressed confidence that they can challenge for the number one ranked ODI team in world cricket with a convincing series win in India, given their 2-1 success in the ODI series against England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter