Michael Vaughan believes KP can help England do Ashes double
London: Former cricket captain Michael Vaughan, who is spending more time on the dance floor than watching cricket, believes that England can achieve the Ashes double at home against Australia now that high scoring and brilliant Kevin Pietersen is back in favour.
Vaughan, who lifted the urn in 2005, is looking forward to the sumptuous cricketing feast that lies ahead in 2013 with excitement and passion.
In an interview, Vaughan spoke of his admiration for both current skipper Alastair Cook and Kevin Pietersen, his confidence about England’s chances of winning back to back Ashes series and his pleasure at being proved wrong when he predicted an Indian Test whitewash.
On Pietersen, he said that when he is at his best, he is great, while when he is at his worst, he’s not that bad.
Vaughan said that he was just happy to be able to see the best players playing for England.
Pietersen, he said, belonged to the great category of cricketers past and present, and added that one had to just see the quality of his three hundreds in Colombo, Headingley and Mumbai to know that he was an extraordinary cricketer.
On Cook, he said that he is getting better after taking charge of the national squad.
Cook, he said, has both maturity and the respect of his team, and would be a fine leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM