Mickey Arthur hints at considering England coaching job
Sydney: Sacked Australian coach Mickey Arthur has reportedly hinted that he is considering competing for the job of England`s team director after Andy Flower`s resignation from the position over the team`s 5-0 Ashes loss.
A host of names have been thrown up in the wake of Andy Flower`s decision to stand down from the role after leading England to one of its most disastrous series loses in recent memory, although current limited overs coach Ashley Giles remains the favourite to replace the departed Flower at the head of the Test team.
According to News.com.au, South African Arthur appeared to show that he was considering putting his hand up when asked about the job during the Twenty20 clash between Australia and England in Sydney on Sunday, saying he `could be interested`.
Arthur has remained living in Perth since being sacked as Australia`s coach just two weeks before the start of the Ashes series in England midway through last year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kerala Assembly Elections: BJP president Amit Shah cancels poll visit
- Deaths in rehabilitation home: Raje govt suspends erring officials
- IPL 9: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab – Probable playing XIs; players to watch out for
- WATCH: You ripper! Unplayable magic ball leaves master batsman VVS Laxman completely exposed!
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview