Mickey Arthur hints at considering England coaching job
Sydney: Sacked Australian coach Mickey Arthur has reportedly hinted that he is considering competing for the job of England`s team director after Andy Flower`s resignation from the position over the team`s 5-0 Ashes loss.
A host of names have been thrown up in the wake of Andy Flower`s decision to stand down from the role after leading England to one of its most disastrous series loses in recent memory, although current limited overs coach Ashley Giles remains the favourite to replace the departed Flower at the head of the Test team.
According to News.com.au, South African Arthur appeared to show that he was considering putting his hand up when asked about the job during the Twenty20 clash between Australia and England in Sydney on Sunday, saying he `could be interested`.
Arthur has remained living in Perth since being sacked as Australia`s coach just two weeks before the start of the Ashes series in England midway through last year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing