MIG Club to host ICC Women`s Cricket World Cup Matches
Mumbai: MIG Club will host a few matches of the ICC Women`s Cricket World Cup as scheduled along with a couple of warm-up games, club officials said today.
A BCCI curator was here today to inspect the ground and he was happy.
"Reports appearing that we are not hosting any matches in the tournament are incorrect. On the contrary, we may get to host a few more games other than the two that have been allotted to us. We are also scheduled to host two practise games on January 28 and January 29," the club`s secretary Ashish Patankar told PTI today.
The Women`s World Cup is scheduled from January 31 to February 17 and the matches are to be held in Mumbai and Cuttack.
Two other grounds in Mumbai -- the Cricket Club of India`s Brabroune Stadium and the Mumbai Cricket Association`s Bandra-Kurla Complex Ground will host Group `A` matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead