Mike Hussey to retire after Sydney Test
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sydney: Australian Test batsman Mike Hussey has announced that he will retire from international cricket after the next week’s Test against Sri Lanka at Sydney.
Also Read: Cricket will be poorer without Mr Cricket »
Hussey told Cricket Australia that he wanted to spend more time with his young family and it is the reason he has decided to quit.
"I was quite excited to tell them this morning, that I’m not going to go away and play for Australia any more," Hussey told Channel Nine in an exclusive interview.
37-old Hussey has scored 6183 runs at 51.52 from 78 Tests. He has also played 185 one-day internationals and 38 Twenty20 internationals for Australia.
Usman Khawaja is being tipped to replace him in the side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday