Ministry list reveals BCCI was ignored while sending circular
New Delhi: Unlike in the past, the sports ministry did not send the proforma applications and cicrular seeking names for Arjuna, and other important awards from the BCCI, reflecting the cold war that is raging between the two sides.
The ensuing result was that cricketers and cricket coaches do not figure in the list of nominees for the Arjuna or Droancharya award for the year 2011.
The BCCI`s claims that it has not received any circular or proforma from the government has been vindicated as the notice sent by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports does not mention BCCI.
The circular dated January 23, 2012 and Circular No.4-2/2012-SP-IV states that the application format of the awards were sent to all the president and secretaries general of all the National Sports Federations (NSFs).
BCCI is not an NSF in the list of sports ministry and that is specifically the reason why the cricket body never received the government circular.
However, BCCI CAO Ratnakar Shetty points out that they have always received the proforma and circular throughout the past decade despite not being an NSF body.
Observers believe that ministry`s attempt to bring BCCI under the RTI and country`s richest sporting body`s reluctance to do so has been primary reason for this classic case of miscommunication.
Following are those who received Sports ministry`s cicrcular dated 23.1.2012
1. The Secretary, Department of Youth Affairs & Sports, (All States and U.Ts)
2. The President/Secretary General, (All recognized National Sports Federations).
3. The President/Secretary General, IOA
4. Secretary, All India Police Sports Control Board
5. The Secretary, Army Sports Control Board,
6. Secretary, Railway Sports Promotion Board
7. Secretary, Services Sports Control Board,
9. The Secretary, Air Force Sports Control Board,
10. Secretary, Central Civil Services Cultural & Sports Board
11. Director General, Sports Authority of India, New Delhi.
12. All Previous Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awardees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH