Misbah blasts critics for questioning ‘new approach to captaincy and batting’
Islamabad: Pakistan captain Misbah-ul Haq has slammed his critics, saying that they were being unjust in questioning his new approach to captaincy and batting following his domestic Twenty20 team Faisalabad Wolves win in the National Super Eight Twenty20 Cup. Misbah, who scored an unbeaten 38 off 25 balls against Sialkot Stallions in the final in Lahore and ended the tournament as the leading run-scorer with 206 runs, said that his approach to play according to the team’s requirement was misunderstood as his weakness.
Stating that critics should think twice before making any comments, Misbah further said that even though players have gone through lean patches before, writing them off because of that is ridiculous. Stating that his role in the game has always been misunderstood, Misbah said that although criticism is always healthy, it is not fair to doubt a player’s potential and look for negative angles to fell a player down.
Insisting that he will continue to play in his new style whether or not he achieves success, Misbah said that he would rather win matches than worry about his strike rate. Misbah stepped down as Pakistan T20 captain last May, handing over to Mohammad Hafeez, and was subsequently dropped from the T20 squad, though he remains captain of the Test and ODI sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results declared, check www.tseamcet.in
- Bollywood actress Jacqueline supports UN campaign against illegal wildlife trade
- Rani Mukerji, daughter Adira's Paris trip turns into a family affair! – Know why
- Salman Khan in and as 'Sultan' grabs 'Fastest 5 Million' views—Watch here!
- New Afghan Taliban leader was compromise candidate: Sources