Misbah calls Pakistan`s crushing Test whitewash against Proteas `alarming situation`
Sydney: Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq, who was booed by a handful of cricket fans as his the team arrived in Lahore, has said his team`s humiliating 3-0 Test series whitewash against South Africa is an alarming situation for them.
Misbah said the series was disappointing, adding in one-day matches their performance was a bit better, but in the Test series they couldn`t do anything and it`s a very alarming situation for them and we need improvement in lots of things.
Pakistan won just three of nine matches in South Africa, including a 3-0 Test whitewash and a 3-2 ODI series loss, and their only other win came in the Twenty20 match when Mohammad Hafeez led it.
Fast bowlers Dale Steyn (20) and Vernon Philander (15) combined for 35 wickets in three test matches and bulldozed Pakistan`s batting lineup at Johannesburg, Cape Town and Centurion.
Misbah said if they we look at their batting, they struggled throughout the series whether its Test matches or one-day matches.
Pakistan tried to redeem itself in the one-day series, but its batting let the team down in the decisive ODI at Benoni last Sunday when the team was dismissed for 205.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards