Misbah, De Villiers achieve career-best positions in ICC Test batsmen rankings
Johannesburg: Pakistan has climbed up to the fourth position on the ICC Test Team rankings following their seven-wicket victory over South Africa in the first Test at Abu Dhabi on Thursday.
According to Sport24, Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq has also achieved a career-best seventh position on the ICC Player Rankings for Test batsmen and is just one place and seven ratings points behind his fellow veteran Younus Khan.
Meanwhile, South African ODI captain AB de Villiers has achieved a career-best second position on the Test batsmen rankings, while Vernon Philander has become the 21st bowler and third from South Africa after Shaun Pollock (909) and Dale Steyn (908) to reach the 900-point mark in the ICC Player Rankings for Test bowlers.
The report further said that Pakistan`s victory in the first Test means that it will finish fourth in the Reliance ICC Test Team Rankings, irrespective of how the Dubai Test pans out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’