Misbah deserves credit for Pakistan’s recent success: Basit Ali
Karachi: Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq deserves the credit for the national team’s impressive performance in the United Arab Emirates amid a plethora of controversies, former batsman Basit Ali has said.
“All the credit must be given to Misbah. He has been performing very well - Misbah has brought the team together. He’s made the senior players feel comfortable and the unity is the main reason for the success of the team in all the formats,” Ali told a website.
“Misbah is a very straight forwarded person and that`s the sort of leader the Pakistani team needs right now,” he added.
Pakistan had won the three-Test series against Sri Lanka 1-0 and secured the five-match ODI series with a 4-1 win.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes