Misbah deserves credit for Pakistan’s recent success: Basit Ali
Karachi: Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq deserves the credit for the national team’s impressive performance in the United Arab Emirates amid a plethora of controversies, former batsman Basit Ali has said.
“All the credit must be given to Misbah. He has been performing very well - Misbah has brought the team together. He’s made the senior players feel comfortable and the unity is the main reason for the success of the team in all the formats,” Ali told a website.
“Misbah is a very straight forwarded person and that`s the sort of leader the Pakistani team needs right now,” he added.
Pakistan had won the three-Test series against Sri Lanka 1-0 and secured the five-match ODI series with a 4-1 win.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble