Misbah dropped, Kamran recalled for World T20
Karachi: Test and ODI captain Misbah-ul-Haq was today dropped from Pakistan`s provisional 30-man squad for this year`s World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka, but the PCB recalled Kamran Akmal after the wicketkeeper-batsman was cleared of suspicions of spot-fixing.
Misbah was also not considered for the two Twenty20s against Sri Lanka last month, which resulted in Mohammad Hafeez leading the side.
As for Kamran, who has not played international cricket since last year`s World Cup, he had claimed that he has a letter from the ICC that no inquiry is pending against him.
Kamran`s selection was approved after he appeared before PCB`s integrity committee last week.
Kamran`s name was mentioned in the spot-fixing trial involving three Pakistani Test players -- Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Aamer -- who were banned and jailed for bowling deliberate no-balls during the Lord`s Test against England in 2010.
He was also accused of deliberately under-performing during Pakistan`s shocking defeat against Australia in the 2010 Sydney Test.
Also on the list were all-rounder Abdul Razzaq and opening batsman Imran Nazir, both of whom have not played international cricket for a while.
The World Twenty20 starts in September.
Squad: Mohammad Hafeez, Ahmed Shahzad, Khalid Latif, Nasir Jamshed, Imran Nazir, Shahzaib Hasan, Awais Zia, Sharjeel Khan, Umar Akmal, Asad Shafiq, Haris Sohail, Shoaib Malik, Rameez Raja, Shahid Afridi, Hammad Azam, Abdul Razzaq, Umar Gul, Mohammad Sami, Sohail Tanvir, Yasir Arafat, Wahab Riaz, Junaid Khan, Aizaz Cheema, Anwar Ali, Saeed Ajmal, Abdur Rehman, Raza Hasan, Sarfraz Ahmed, Kamran Akmal, Shakeel Ansar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway