Misbah dropped, Kamran recalled for World T20
Karachi: Test and ODI captain Misbah-ul-Haq was today dropped from Pakistan`s provisional 30-man squad for this year`s World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka, but the PCB recalled Kamran Akmal after the wicketkeeper-batsman was cleared of suspicions of spot-fixing.
Misbah was also not considered for the two Twenty20s against Sri Lanka last month, which resulted in Mohammad Hafeez leading the side.
As for Kamran, who has not played international cricket since last year`s World Cup, he had claimed that he has a letter from the ICC that no inquiry is pending against him.
Kamran`s selection was approved after he appeared before PCB`s integrity committee last week.
Kamran`s name was mentioned in the spot-fixing trial involving three Pakistani Test players -- Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Aamer -- who were banned and jailed for bowling deliberate no-balls during the Lord`s Test against England in 2010.
He was also accused of deliberately under-performing during Pakistan`s shocking defeat against Australia in the 2010 Sydney Test.
Also on the list were all-rounder Abdul Razzaq and opening batsman Imran Nazir, both of whom have not played international cricket for a while.
The World Twenty20 starts in September.
Squad: Mohammad Hafeez, Ahmed Shahzad, Khalid Latif, Nasir Jamshed, Imran Nazir, Shahzaib Hasan, Awais Zia, Sharjeel Khan, Umar Akmal, Asad Shafiq, Haris Sohail, Shoaib Malik, Rameez Raja, Shahid Afridi, Hammad Azam, Abdul Razzaq, Umar Gul, Mohammad Sami, Sohail Tanvir, Yasir Arafat, Wahab Riaz, Junaid Khan, Aizaz Cheema, Anwar Ali, Saeed Ajmal, Abdur Rehman, Raza Hasan, Sarfraz Ahmed, Kamran Akmal, Shakeel Ansar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone