Misbah, Hafeez feel PSL will help revive intl cricket in Pak
Karachi: Senior players Misbah-ul-Haq and Mohammad Hafeez believe that the planned Pakistan T20 Super League in March will inject new life into the sport in the country and instill confidence in the international community over safety in the troubled nation.
"There is no doubt the PSL is necessary for not only the survival but also the promotion of cricket in Pakistan," Misbah said here on Friday.
Misbah, Pakistan`s Test and ODI skipper, said the PCB had done well to keep alive the sport in Pakistan despite no international cricket being played in the country since 2009.
"The way I look at it the super league hopefully with foreign players also participating in it will serve as a oxygen for cricket in the country. And it will also lead to the revival of international cricket in Pakistan," Misbah said.
Pakistan`s T20 captain Mohammad Hafeez also backed the tournament.
"Something big like the PSL will boost the sport in Pakistan and increase people`s interest. PSL will also bring financial boost to our domestic players and offer incentives to them," he said.
The PCB has announced a super league with five franchises from March 26 this year.
Former Pakistan captain Hanif Muhammad also lauded the PCB`s efforts to launch the league this year.
"What I believe is that the PCB should involve our former and current greats to work towards convincing top players from different countries to come and play in the league.
"Such leagues are now necessary to ensure that the financial status of players at the domestic level also improve dramatically," Hanif said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- In process of overturning 'illegal decisions' of AAP Govt: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung
- Huawei smartphones to come pre-loaded with Truecaller
- Cricket in USA, 1st T20I: West Indies eye comeback after demolition in Tests; MS Dhoni & Co seek revenge
- Ex-Haryana speaker SS Kadian jailed for 7 years in graft case
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor