Misbah, Hafeez feel PSL will help revive intl cricket in Pak
Karachi: Senior players Misbah-ul-Haq and Mohammad Hafeez believe that the planned Pakistan T20 Super League in March will inject new life into the sport in the country and instill confidence in the international community over safety in the troubled nation.
"There is no doubt the PSL is necessary for not only the survival but also the promotion of cricket in Pakistan," Misbah said here on Friday.
Misbah, Pakistan`s Test and ODI skipper, said the PCB had done well to keep alive the sport in Pakistan despite no international cricket being played in the country since 2009.
"The way I look at it the super league hopefully with foreign players also participating in it will serve as a oxygen for cricket in the country. And it will also lead to the revival of international cricket in Pakistan," Misbah said.
Pakistan`s T20 captain Mohammad Hafeez also backed the tournament.
"Something big like the PSL will boost the sport in Pakistan and increase people`s interest. PSL will also bring financial boost to our domestic players and offer incentives to them," he said.
The PCB has announced a super league with five franchises from March 26 this year.
Former Pakistan captain Hanif Muhammad also lauded the PCB`s efforts to launch the league this year.
"What I believe is that the PCB should involve our former and current greats to work towards convincing top players from different countries to come and play in the league.
"Such leagues are now necessary to ensure that the financial status of players at the domestic level also improve dramatically," Hanif said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?