Misbah hails Pak`s first bilateral series victory against Proteas
Johannesburg: Pakistani Test and ODI captain Misbah-ul Haq has hailed his side`s first win in a bilateral series against South Africa following their one-run win in the second one-day international against the hosts in Port Elizabeth on Wednesday.
Although veteran Hashim Amla (98) and skipper AB de Villiers (74) took South Africa to the brink of victory, however, they could score only seven runs off the last nine balls, while losing two wickets and finished on 261 for six with a target of 263.
According to Sport24, although Misbah admitted that a win seemed unlikely with two overs to go, he however, said that there is always pressure on the side batting second, adding that he was aware that his side had a chance if the hosts needed more than a run a ball in the last over, especially if they had new batsmen at the crease.
The report mentioned that the good over was provided by off-spinner Saeed Ajmal , who conceded only two runs in the penultimate over and finished with the wicket of Amla.
Hailing his side, Misbah also said that it means a lot to them to beat South Africa in a bilateral series for the first time, especially in the hosts` own ground, with the report saying that the win was especially satisfying because Pakistan were recently beaten 4-1 by the same opponents in the United Arab Emirates.
Fast bowler Dale Steyn took a career-best six for 39, including two wickets in the last over of the innings, but the other South African bowlers struggled to contain their opponents, who won the first match in Cape Town by 23 runs on Sunday, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report