Misbah hails Pak`s first bilateral series victory against Proteas
Johannesburg: Pakistani Test and ODI captain Misbah-ul Haq has hailed his side`s first win in a bilateral series against South Africa following their one-run win in the second one-day international against the hosts in Port Elizabeth on Wednesday.
Although veteran Hashim Amla (98) and skipper AB de Villiers (74) took South Africa to the brink of victory, however, they could score only seven runs off the last nine balls, while losing two wickets and finished on 261 for six with a target of 263.
According to Sport24, although Misbah admitted that a win seemed unlikely with two overs to go, he however, said that there is always pressure on the side batting second, adding that he was aware that his side had a chance if the hosts needed more than a run a ball in the last over, especially if they had new batsmen at the crease.
The report mentioned that the good over was provided by off-spinner Saeed Ajmal , who conceded only two runs in the penultimate over and finished with the wicket of Amla.
Hailing his side, Misbah also said that it means a lot to them to beat South Africa in a bilateral series for the first time, especially in the hosts` own ground, with the report saying that the win was especially satisfying because Pakistan were recently beaten 4-1 by the same opponents in the United Arab Emirates.
Fast bowler Dale Steyn took a career-best six for 39, including two wickets in the last over of the innings, but the other South African bowlers struggled to contain their opponents, who won the first match in Cape Town by 23 runs on Sunday, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence