Misbah lauds new cricket coach Whatmore for dealing with Pak team ‘professionally’
Lahore: Pakistan cricket captain Misbah-ul Haq has said he was impressed with new coach Dav Whatmore`s professionalism as he seeks to guide the talented side.
"The experience with Whatmore is very good. He is dealing professionally and every player is being assessed and the co-ordination is good,” The News quoted Misbah, as saying.
Misbah said Whatmore, who captured the limelight after guiding Sri Lanka to the World Cup title in 1996, is taking care of technical matters.
"Like a good coach whose job is to take care of the practice, how to prepare the team and what are the strengths and weaknesses of the rival team, he is taking care of all such things so it`s nice to work with him," Misbah said.
Whatmore, who took over last month on a two-year-contract, guided Pakistan to their second Asia Cup title in Bangladesh and is now training the squad for the tour of Sri Lanka in June-July.
Pakistan plays two Twenty20, five one-day internationals and three Tests in Sri Lanka before taking on Australia in a limited over series -- also in Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media