Misbah rules out returning for international T20 tournaments
Johannesburg: Pakistan`s Test and one-day captain Misbah-ul-Haq has said that he will not be returning to international Twenty20 tournaments even though he finished as a top scorer in Pakistan`s premier domestic T20 competition.
Misbah, who scored 206 runs at an average of 103 from five matches and led Faisalabad Wolves to victory in Sunday`s final against Sialkot Stallions, said that he will lead his hometown Wolves in this year`s Champions League.
Misbah, who quit international Twenty20 last year after playing 39 matches and scoring 788 runs with a decent average of 37.52, said that he was content with playing in ODIs and Test matches for Pakistan.
Stating that he does not want to make a comeback in international T20 games as he wants to concentrate fully on the current forms that he is playing in, Misbah said that he will continue to play for Faisalabad Wolves because it is his identity.
Pakistan`s next international assignment will be the Champions Trophy in June for which the team will play two ODIs against Scotland in Edinburgh and against Ireland in Dublin next month, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?