Misbah says Pak has no `favourites` in Champions Trophy
Karachi: Pakistan Test and one-day captain Misbah-ul Haq has said that there are no favourites for their squad for winning the last edition of the upcoming ICC Champions Trophy, to held in June in England and Wales.
Pakistan, who will play two one-day games each against Scotland and Ireland before competing in the Champions Trophy, did not select all-rounder Shahid Afridi and Younis Khan, while spearhead Umar Gul was ruled out with a knee injury.
They are in group B along with arch-rivals India, the West Indies and South Africa while holders Australia, England, Sri Lanka and New Zealand form group A.
Stating that Pakistan has a talented and a balanced squad, Misbah further said that if all the players play their roles accordingly, then they are sure to win the eight-nation tournament, adding that they have selected a squad specifically for English conditions.
According to Misbah, the team has a strong bowling attack, with world-class spinners and quality pace bowlers in Junaid Khan and Mohammad Irfan.
Agreeing with Misbah, head coach Dav Whatmore also said the team will aim for the title, adding that the team has prepared well for the event. Pakistan also has off-spinner Saeed Ajmal and left-arm spinner Abdul Rehman while opener Mohammad Hafeez also bowls off-spin, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'