Misbah says Pak needs to stop ‘danger man’ Philander
Johannesburg: Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq has said South African fast bowler Vernon Philander would be Proteas’ most dangerous weapon during their upcoming Test series.
Misbah added minimizing Philander’s effect in a Test match would significantly improve Pakistan’s chances of gaining something from the series.
Philander was included in the Proteas squad for the series after missing out in the second Test against New Zealand with a hamstring injury.
Misbah said the way Philander is currently bowling with the new ball, hitting the seam and swinging the red ball, makes him much more dangerous on bowling friendly South African pitches.
Misbah advised his batsmen to stick to basics against Philander, also advising them to negotiate his initial spells and then try to make most of the conditions.
Misbah said he knew his team would have their work cut out against the hosts, who would be strong favourites to clinch the series.
Pakistan face South Africa in three Tests, starting with the first match at the Wanderers on February 1, two T20 internationals and five ODIs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000