Misbah says Pak needs to stop ‘danger man’ Philander
Johannesburg: Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq has said South African fast bowler Vernon Philander would be Proteas’ most dangerous weapon during their upcoming Test series.
Misbah added minimizing Philander’s effect in a Test match would significantly improve Pakistan’s chances of gaining something from the series.
Philander was included in the Proteas squad for the series after missing out in the second Test against New Zealand with a hamstring injury.
Misbah said the way Philander is currently bowling with the new ball, hitting the seam and swinging the red ball, makes him much more dangerous on bowling friendly South African pitches.
Misbah advised his batsmen to stick to basics against Philander, also advising them to negotiate his initial spells and then try to make most of the conditions.
Misbah said he knew his team would have their work cut out against the hosts, who would be strong favourites to clinch the series.
Pakistan face South Africa in three Tests, starting with the first match at the Wanderers on February 1, two T20 internationals and five ODIs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video