Misbah should lead Pakistan at 2015 World Cup: Ramiz Raja
Islamabad: Former Pakistan Test captain Ramiz Raja has said current captain Misbah-ul-Haq should lead the country at the 2015 World Cup.
Raja`s comments came in the aftermath of Pakistan`s disappointing performance in the recently-concluded ICC Champions Trophy 2013, which drew much criticism from fans, the media and former players, www.PakPassion.net reports.
However, Raja felt that it would be wrong to replace Misbah with a player who have not yet shown his skills, adding that as the skipper is scoring runs, is sharp in the field, taking catches and quietly leading the team in a certain direction, it would be best if the selectors continued with him in the 2015 World Cup.
However, Raja admitted that on paper, it looks extremely old for a player to be playing till the age of 41, the age Misbah would be during the 2015 World Cup, adding that it looks depressing because next door neighbour India has already replaced veterans like Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag from key roles with younger, fresher blood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says