Misbah supports ICC move to introduce day-night Tests
Karachi: Pakistan Test and one-day captain Misbah-ul-Haq has backed an International Cricket Council (ICC) move to introduce day-night Tests, but suggested initial trials with the coloured ball in first class cricket. "It is a good move by the ICC but I think first day and night first class matches need to be held regularly as the coloured ball remains an issue," the Daily Times quoted 38-year-old Misbah, as saying.
On Monday, the ICC said countries could now agree to play day-night matches, and that experiments have been conducted with pink, orange and yellow balls to decide which colour is best in both daylight and under floodlights. Misbah has also backed the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB)`s decision to appoint a batting coach with the national team. Misbah said the appointment of a professional batting coach would help improve performance of the team.
The PCB has invited interested candidates to apply for the batting coach position and has set a deadline of November 5 to receive applications. "Every team has a strong support staff which is very useful for the players and if the PCB has now decided to have a batting coach it is a good move and the need of the hour," Misbah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh