Misbah-ul-Haq vows to win Lanka Test series even if it spoils Mahela Jayawardene`s farewell party
Karachi: Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq has said that Pakistan would do whatever it takes to win the two-Test series in Sri Lanka even if it means spoiling senior batsman Mahela Jayawardene`s farewell party.
Former Sri Lanka skipper Jayawardene, who has scored 11,671 runs in 147 Tests averaging over 50, had announced last month that he would retire from Test cricket after the home series against Pakistan starting at Galle on Wednesday.
Haq said that if Pakistan is to win the series in Sri Lanka, they have to ensure that their top batsmen, particularly Jayawardene, is not allowed to get many runs, The Dawn reported.
The skipper said that he has a lot of respect for what Jayawardene has achieved but Pakistan is going to Sri Lanka to win the two-Test series and they know how important it is for them to not allow the hosts` senior players to score.
Jayawardene has also scored 11681 runs in 420 one-dayers and with stalwart Kumar Sangakkara is the mainstay of the Sri Lankan batting.
Haq also said that it is going to be a tough series because Sri Lanka have been playing lot of Test and other cricket. But, he added that Pakistan has prepared hard and he has confidence in the side`s bowlers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor