Misbah urges team to supplement talent with hard work for success
Karachi: Pakistani Test and ODI captain Misbah-ul-Haq has told his team to supplement their talent with consistency, hard work and attitude as talent alone would not win them matches, following their second Test loss to South Africa in Dubai.
Pakistan went down by an innings and 92 runs in the second Test as the two-match series finished level at 1-1, depriving them of an opportunity of adding to their only other series win over South Africa in 2003.
According to The Dawn, following the defeat and the embarrassing Test loss to minnows Zimbabwe last month, Misbah said that the team is facing a lack of consistency as they depend only on their talent, adding that they need commitment, hard work and attitude in order to be consistent.
Stating that they can be relaxed after one or two good performances, Misbah also said that his men need to work hard on mental strength, adding that they cannot just bask in the shadows of a single century as people expects them to score the same in other innings.
Pakistan`s top order once again faltered as they were bowled out for a paltry 99 in the first innings in Dubai, with opener Khurram Manzoor bagging a pair, a week after hitting 146 in Abu Dhabi, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena rues breakdown in communication with BJP, blames generational shift in party
- TCS top Indian IT employer; Infosys, Cognizant and Wipro next
- Painless patch can monitor side effects of drugs
- Two dead, over a dozen wounded in Florida nightclub shooting; one person detained
- Rains support RBI rate cut, may douse agflation : BoA-ML