Mishra and Rahul can play in same team: Lehmann
Mumbai: Deccan Chargers coach Darren Lehmann is of the opinion that Amit Mishra and Rahul Sharma are different types of leg spinners and can compliment each other well in the same team.
"I think Mishra is the best leg spinner in the country. He has a real strong mentality. We encourage him to go for wickets. We don`t want him to bowl just tight. Rahul Sharma is more of the Anil Kumble type," said Lehmann after Deccan scored a six-wicket victory over Pune Warriors India in an IPL tie at the D Y Patil Stadium.
"Mishra turns the balls both ways and has got variations. Rahul is not a big turner of the ball but has control and bounce. They both can play in the same team, no doubt about that and they both are exceptional bowlers. We had Rahul last year for Deccan," said the former Australian batsman.
Lehmann said that Deccan has proved to be a very good team when their batting and bowling clicks in unison, which has not been the case for most part of this season.
"We probably have not batted well enough. We have not jelled as much as we would have liked as a batting group. Our bowling group has been good on occasions, not so good on other occasions.”
"When we put all together we win comfortably which is a pleasing sign. When we don`t we just lose. The game plan is right, but we just need to execute it better," he explained.
Lehmann sounded happy that his side has won two games on the trot but admitted it came a bit late to help them qualify for the play-offs.
"Good to win two games. Good feeling in the group. We dropped a couple of crucial catches and missed the run chase at Chennai. That`s the way the game goes. Little bit frustrating as a coach. But it`s good to have a win today," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'