Mishra and Rahul can play in same team: Lehmann
Mumbai: Deccan Chargers coach Darren Lehmann is of the opinion that Amit Mishra and Rahul Sharma are different types of leg spinners and can compliment each other well in the same team.
"I think Mishra is the best leg spinner in the country. He has a real strong mentality. We encourage him to go for wickets. We don`t want him to bowl just tight. Rahul Sharma is more of the Anil Kumble type," said Lehmann after Deccan scored a six-wicket victory over Pune Warriors India in an IPL tie at the D Y Patil Stadium.
"Mishra turns the balls both ways and has got variations. Rahul is not a big turner of the ball but has control and bounce. They both can play in the same team, no doubt about that and they both are exceptional bowlers. We had Rahul last year for Deccan," said the former Australian batsman.
Lehmann said that Deccan has proved to be a very good team when their batting and bowling clicks in unison, which has not been the case for most part of this season.
"We probably have not batted well enough. We have not jelled as much as we would have liked as a batting group. Our bowling group has been good on occasions, not so good on other occasions.”
"When we put all together we win comfortably which is a pleasing sign. When we don`t we just lose. The game plan is right, but we just need to execute it better," he explained.
Lehmann sounded happy that his side has won two games on the trot but admitted it came a bit late to help them qualify for the play-offs.
"Good to win two games. Good feeling in the group. We dropped a couple of crucial catches and missed the run chase at Chennai. That`s the way the game goes. Little bit frustrating as a coach. But it`s good to have a win today," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video