Mishra and Sudhindra barred from playing club matches
Indore: Tainted cricketers Mohnish Mishra and Taduri Sudhindra banned by the BCCI after being caught in a sting operation were predictably not allowed to take part in a domestic T-20 tournament starting from Tuesday, by the Indore Division Cricket Association (IDCA).
"We have received information from the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) about the continuation of ban imposed on them following a sting operation by a news channel on the issue of match fixing. Therefore, both of them are not allowed to take part in the J N Bhaya Memorial Inter-Division T-20 tournament," IDCA secretary Amitabh Vijaywargiya told reporters.
The news channel had conducted a sting operation during the same tournament in Madhya Pradesh last year, in which, it was purportedly shown that Deccan Chargers` Sudhindra had agreed to bowl a no-ball in lieu of monetary benefits, sources said.
However, keeping in mind the incident of spot-fixing, the organisers have made all possible arrangements to prevent the recurrence of such incidents and have even banned carrying mobile phones by cricketers in the dressing room.
MPCA had also written a letter to BCCI in this regard and the latter may send an anti-corruption unit here for keeping any eye on the tournament, Vijaywargiya said.
The IDCA will also keep a watch on the players in the hotels also through CCTV cameras.
Vijaywargiya said that IDCA has made a provision of Rs one crore for organising this six-day long domestic T-20 tournament, in which, teams from Narmadapuram, Sagar, Rewa, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Gwalior and BHEL will take part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali