Mishra fined for showing dissent towards umpire
Kingston (Jamaica): Indian leg-spinner Amit Mishra was on Wednesday fined 10 per cent of his match fee for showing dissent towards the umpire after being given out in the ongoing first cricket Test against the West Indies.
"Amit Mishra has been fined 10 per cent of his match fee for a Level 1 breach of the ICC Code of Conduct during his team`s first Test against the West Indies in Jamaica," the ICC said in statement.
"Mishra was found to have breached Article 2.1.3 of the code which relates to showing dissent at an umpire`s decision by action or verbal abuse."
After play concluded on day two, Mishra accepted the sanction offered to him by match referee Jeff Crowe.
"On being given out caught behind the wicket (in the first innings), Amit stood his ground for a lengthy period of time and while doing so gestured to his arm guard until finally he left the crease," said Crowe.
"Batsmen are taking too long to leave the crease after being given out. Whether it is just disappointment, it`s still disrespectful and, as the code clearly states, unacceptable."
All Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official reprimand and a maximum penalty of 50 per cent of a player`s match fee.
The charge was brought by on-field umpires Ian Gould and Daryl Harper as well as third umpire Norman Malcolm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked