Mishra to lead North Zone in Duleep Trophy match
New Delhi: Haryana leg-spinner Amit Mishra was on Sunday named as captain of the North Zone for their upcoming Duleep Trophy match, to be held here from February 4.
The selectors today picked a 15-member squad for the four-day tie in which North Zone will taken on the winner of the match between East Zone and West Zone.
Delhi`s left-handed batsman Shikhar Dhawan was named as vice captain of the team.
Apart from Dhawan, six more Delhi players, including medium pacer Pradeep Sangwan and all-rounder Rajat Bhatia, found place in the squad while Haryana had in total three cricketers.
Rahul Diwan and H V Patel are the other two Haryana players in the squad.
Three players from Himachal Pradesh, two from Punjab and one from Hammu and Kashmir were included in the squad.
The eight-member Zonal Selection Committee also named four stand-by players in MS Goni, Nishan Singh, Gurvinder Singh and Yashpal Singh.
Squad: Amit Mishra (C), Shikhar Dhawan (VC), Rahul Diwan, Abhinav Bali, Mandeep Singh, Paras Dogra, Mayank Sidana, Vikas Mishra, H V Patel, Parwinder Awana, Rishi Dhawan, Punit Bisht, Rajat Bhatia, I D Singh and Pradeep Sangwan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users