Mishra to lead North Zone in Duleep Trophy match
New Delhi: Haryana leg-spinner Amit Mishra was on Sunday named as captain of the North Zone for their upcoming Duleep Trophy match, to be held here from February 4.
The selectors today picked a 15-member squad for the four-day tie in which North Zone will taken on the winner of the match between East Zone and West Zone.
Delhi`s left-handed batsman Shikhar Dhawan was named as vice captain of the team.
Apart from Dhawan, six more Delhi players, including medium pacer Pradeep Sangwan and all-rounder Rajat Bhatia, found place in the squad while Haryana had in total three cricketers.
Rahul Diwan and H V Patel are the other two Haryana players in the squad.
Three players from Himachal Pradesh, two from Punjab and one from Hammu and Kashmir were included in the squad.
The eight-member Zonal Selection Committee also named four stand-by players in MS Goni, Nishan Singh, Gurvinder Singh and Yashpal Singh.
Squad: Amit Mishra (C), Shikhar Dhawan (VC), Rahul Diwan, Abhinav Bali, Mandeep Singh, Paras Dogra, Mayank Sidana, Vikas Mishra, H V Patel, Parwinder Awana, Rishi Dhawan, Punit Bisht, Rajat Bhatia, I D Singh and Pradeep Sangwan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note