Mitch Marsh in no hurry to follow brother Shaun into Tests
Sydney: Mitch Marsh has said that he is in no hurry to make his entry into the Australian Test team in the wake of failures from his older brother, Test batsman Shaun.
After a breakthrough year in 2011, which resulted in his limited-overs debut for Australia in South Africa, followed by solid performances for the Perth Scorchers in the Big Bash, 20-year-old Mitch is widely touted to be Australia’s next great hope with both bat and ball.
“I know it`s a long, long way away for me, but the most important thing is to play Test cricket. Test cricket is still the pinnacle, it should be for most people. I`m working really hard to try and be as consistent as possible in four-day cricket. Hopefully I can keep my head on my shoulders and keep improving,” he said.
Marsh said there were several aspects of his game that needed to improve before he was selected across all three forms, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
“I`ve still got a lot of developing to do in my game. A lot of learning to do. If I can just keep on improving the little bits and pieces then I can keep moving forward,” he said.
Marsh was selected in the Australian ODI squad for the triangular series against India and Sri Lanka, but selectors said he would not play in the first two matches.
There are only four T20 international matches left before the T20 World Cup in Sri Lanka in September and Marsh said competition would be intense among the squad to justify selection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city