Mitchell Starc receives million dollar CA contract
Sydney: Australian pacer Mitchell Starc has received a one million-dollar contract by Cricket Australia (CA), which has been revealed after CA unveiled its 2013-14 contract list, including the dual Ashes series.
The rookie star is now regarded as one of Australia`s most important players after he rose up the national rankings following breakthrough performances in all three formats of the game in his 2012-13 campaign.
Starc has secured a top-five ranking alongside captain Michael Clarke and vice-captain Shane Watson, which comes with a seven-figure remuneration.
The upgrade comes just in time for Starc, who will be fit for the July Ashes after cutting short last month`s tour of India for an operation to remove bone spurs.
The report further said that Starc`s upgrade comes as a major surprise as he was on the lower end of the pay scale last June, securing a base deal worth about 230,000 dollars, after CA reduced its contract list from 25 to 17.
The national squad is set for a shake-up of sorts, with retired duo Ricky Ponting and Michael Hussey to drop off the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city