Mitchell Starc receives million dollar CA contract
Sydney: Australian pacer Mitchell Starc has received a one million-dollar contract by Cricket Australia (CA), which has been revealed after CA unveiled its 2013-14 contract list, including the dual Ashes series.
The rookie star is now regarded as one of Australia`s most important players after he rose up the national rankings following breakthrough performances in all three formats of the game in his 2012-13 campaign.
Starc has secured a top-five ranking alongside captain Michael Clarke and vice-captain Shane Watson, which comes with a seven-figure remuneration.
The upgrade comes just in time for Starc, who will be fit for the July Ashes after cutting short last month`s tour of India for an operation to remove bone spurs.
The report further said that Starc`s upgrade comes as a major surprise as he was on the lower end of the pay scale last June, securing a base deal worth about 230,000 dollars, after CA reduced its contract list from 25 to 17.
The national squad is set for a shake-up of sorts, with retired duo Ricky Ponting and Michael Hussey to drop off the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them