Mitchell Starc receives million dollar CA contract
Sydney: Australian pacer Mitchell Starc has received a one million-dollar contract by Cricket Australia (CA), which has been revealed after CA unveiled its 2013-14 contract list, including the dual Ashes series.
The rookie star is now regarded as one of Australia`s most important players after he rose up the national rankings following breakthrough performances in all three formats of the game in his 2012-13 campaign.
Starc has secured a top-five ranking alongside captain Michael Clarke and vice-captain Shane Watson, which comes with a seven-figure remuneration.
The upgrade comes just in time for Starc, who will be fit for the July Ashes after cutting short last month`s tour of India for an operation to remove bone spurs.
The report further said that Starc`s upgrade comes as a major surprise as he was on the lower end of the pay scale last June, securing a base deal worth about 230,000 dollars, after CA reduced its contract list from 25 to 17.
The national squad is set for a shake-up of sorts, with retired duo Ricky Ponting and Michael Hussey to drop off the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account