Mitchell Starc receives million dollar CA contract
Sydney: Australian pacer Mitchell Starc has received a one million-dollar contract by Cricket Australia (CA), which has been revealed after CA unveiled its 2013-14 contract list, including the dual Ashes series.
The rookie star is now regarded as one of Australia`s most important players after he rose up the national rankings following breakthrough performances in all three formats of the game in his 2012-13 campaign.
Starc has secured a top-five ranking alongside captain Michael Clarke and vice-captain Shane Watson, which comes with a seven-figure remuneration.
The upgrade comes just in time for Starc, who will be fit for the July Ashes after cutting short last month`s tour of India for an operation to remove bone spurs.
The report further said that Starc`s upgrade comes as a major surprise as he was on the lower end of the pay scale last June, securing a base deal worth about 230,000 dollars, after CA reduced its contract list from 25 to 17.
The national squad is set for a shake-up of sorts, with retired duo Ricky Ponting and Michael Hussey to drop off the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’