Mithali dominates batting chart, Jhulan drops to number four
Dubai: India’s Mithali Raj continues to dominate the ICC rankings chart, while West Indian Stafanie Taylor rises to second spot in the table with a consistent all-round performance.
Raj, who managed an aggregate of 171 runs including an unbeaten ton at Rajkot during the recently-concluded ODI series against West Indies, continues to hold the top rung with 796 points, followed by Taylor with 743 points.
India, however, has lost its grip as far as one-day bowling rankings are concerned with skipper Jhulan Goswami slipping from the top three for the first time since January 2006.
The Indian fast bowler’s downslide has enabled Shelley Nitschke of Australia reclaim the number one spot with 740 points, followed closely by teammate Lisa Sthalekar with 724 points.
Laura Marsh of England has climbed a spot to settle at number three in the bowlers’ chart, while Goswami has taken a dip of three points to be placed at number four with a total
of 705 ranking points.
The 22-year-old Gouther Sultana, has meanwhile, climbed seven places to be ranked 13, while veteran Rumeli Dhar has gone down a spot to be placed at number six.
Taylor, whose rich haul of nine wickets against India in the ODI series, although went in vain as West Indies lost 3-2, she managed to make it to the top ten list with a leap of six
The versatile cricketer also made her presence felt in the allrounder’s list with a jump of a spot to finish at number two behind Shelley Nitschke.
Among other Indian cricketers who made amends in their rankings are wicketkeeper-batter Poonam Raut, who climbed a huge 49 places to sit in joint 37th position along with Ireland’s Isobel Joyce, while Rumeli Dhar jumped ten places to occupy the position above Raut and Joyce.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre