Mithali dominates batting chart, Jhulan drops to number four
Dubai: India’s Mithali Raj continues to dominate the ICC rankings chart, while West Indian Stafanie Taylor rises to second spot in the table with a consistent all-round performance.
Raj, who managed an aggregate of 171 runs including an unbeaten ton at Rajkot during the recently-concluded ODI series against West Indies, continues to hold the top rung with 796 points, followed by Taylor with 743 points.
India, however, has lost its grip as far as one-day bowling rankings are concerned with skipper Jhulan Goswami slipping from the top three for the first time since January 2006.
The Indian fast bowler’s downslide has enabled Shelley Nitschke of Australia reclaim the number one spot with 740 points, followed closely by teammate Lisa Sthalekar with 724 points.
Laura Marsh of England has climbed a spot to settle at number three in the bowlers’ chart, while Goswami has taken a dip of three points to be placed at number four with a total
of 705 ranking points.
The 22-year-old Gouther Sultana, has meanwhile, climbed seven places to be ranked 13, while veteran Rumeli Dhar has gone down a spot to be placed at number six.
Taylor, whose rich haul of nine wickets against India in the ODI series, although went in vain as West Indies lost 3-2, she managed to make it to the top ten list with a leap of six
The versatile cricketer also made her presence felt in the allrounder’s list with a jump of a spot to finish at number two behind Shelley Nitschke.
Among other Indian cricketers who made amends in their rankings are wicketkeeper-batter Poonam Raut, who climbed a huge 49 places to sit in joint 37th position along with Ireland’s Isobel Joyce, while Rumeli Dhar jumped ten places to occupy the position above Raut and Joyce.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered