Mithali holds on top batting spot, world champion Aus top team
Dubai: Indian women`s cricket team captain Mithali Raj held on to his number one spot while world champions Australia became the number one ODI team in the latest ICC rankings issued today.
Women`s World Cup player of the tournament, Suzie Bates, jumped five places to claim a career-best number two spot in the rankings released a day after Australia beat West Indies in the summit clash at the Cricket Club of India in Mumbai.
Losing finalists West Indies occupy the second spot in team rankings while India are placed at seventh.
New Zealand captain Bates top-scored in the tournament with 407 runs from seven games at an average of 67.83. Mithali has a 39 ratings points lead over Bates.
There are as many as six players from world champion Australia making up the top 20 of the batting table. Meg Lanning in fifth (up by one), player of the final Jessica Cameron in eighth (up by two), Rachael Haynes in 15th (up by 16) are some Australia batters to gain in the latest table.
England`s Katherine Brunt continues to head the Reliance ICC Women`s ODI bowlers` table, taking 12 wickets throughout the tournament. West Indies` Stafanie Taylor has moved up three places to a career-best fourth, while England`s Holly Colvin has moved back into the top 10 after gaining ten places to seventh position.
The highest wicket-taker in the tournament, Australia`s Megan Schutt, has jumped 38 places to a career-best 38th. Schutt finished the tournament with 15 wickets from seven games at an average of 16.53.
The Reliance ICC Women`s ODI all-rounders` table continues to be headed by West Indies` Stafanie Taylor. The players to make upwards movements in the all-rounders` table include West Indies` Shanel Daley in third (up by two) and India`s Jhulan Goswami in fifth (up by three).
Australia all-rounder Lisa Sthalekar, who has called time on her international career after winning the World Cup, ended her ODI career at number two in both the bowling and all-rounders` tables, and 14th in the batters` table, jumping six places after the ICC Women?s World Cup 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why