Mithali Raj to lead Indian eves in 2013 World Cup
New Delhi: India on Monday named Mithali Raj as the captain of the 15-member women`s cricket squad for the World Cup to be played in India next month.
ICC Women`s World Cup will begin from January 31, and the finals will be played at CCI ground in Mumbai on February 17.
Hosts India will play on the opening day of the tournament against West Indies at the Wankhede Stadium.
Squad: Mithali Raj (c), Harmanpreet Kaur, Jhulan Goswami, Amita Sharma, Gouhar Sultana, M Thirushkamini, Sulakshana Naik, Ekta Bist, Mona Meshram, Rasanara Parwin, Niranjana Nagarajan, Punam Raut, Reema Malhotra, Karuna Jain, Shubhalaxmi Sharma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog