Mithali to lead India in England
Mumbai: Mithali Raj will skipper the Indian women`s cricket team which will tour England in August to play a four-day Test match and three One-Day Internationals (ODI).
Wicketkeeper Karuna Jain has been named the vice-captain of the 15-member squad by Board of Control for Cricket in India`s (BCCI) All-India Senior Women`s Selection Committee.
The series will start with a two-day warm-up game Aug 7-8 at the Loughborough, Haslegrave, which will be followed by the Test Aug 13-16 at Sir Paul Getty`s Ground, Wormsley.
A 50-over practice match will be played Aug 19 at Harrogate CC followed by the first two ODIs at the North Marine Road Ground in Scarborough Aug 21 and 23. The final ODI will be played at Lord`s Aug 25.
The squad: Mithali Raj (Captain), Karuna Jain (vice-captain), Smriti Mandhana, M.D. Thirushkamini, Punam Raut, Harmanpreet Kaur, Jhulan Goswami, Niranjana N., Shubhlakshmi Sharma, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Ekta Bisht, Poonam Yadav, Swagathika Rath, Vanitha V.R., Sushma Verma.
Support Staff: Sudha Shah (Coach), Cavatina Patel (Manager), Neha Karnik (Physio), Kavita Pandya (Trainer), Aarti Nalge (Video Analyst), Devieka Sathe (Assistant Coach).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged