Mithali to lead India in England
Mumbai: Mithali Raj will skipper the Indian women`s cricket team which will tour England in August to play a four-day Test match and three One-Day Internationals (ODI).
Wicketkeeper Karuna Jain has been named the vice-captain of the 15-member squad by Board of Control for Cricket in India`s (BCCI) All-India Senior Women`s Selection Committee.
The series will start with a two-day warm-up game Aug 7-8 at the Loughborough, Haslegrave, which will be followed by the Test Aug 13-16 at Sir Paul Getty`s Ground, Wormsley.
A 50-over practice match will be played Aug 19 at Harrogate CC followed by the first two ODIs at the North Marine Road Ground in Scarborough Aug 21 and 23. The final ODI will be played at Lord`s Aug 25.
The squad: Mithali Raj (Captain), Karuna Jain (vice-captain), Smriti Mandhana, M.D. Thirushkamini, Punam Raut, Harmanpreet Kaur, Jhulan Goswami, Niranjana N., Shubhlakshmi Sharma, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Ekta Bisht, Poonam Yadav, Swagathika Rath, Vanitha V.R., Sushma Verma.
Support Staff: Sudha Shah (Coach), Cavatina Patel (Manager), Neha Karnik (Physio), Kavita Pandya (Trainer), Aarti Nalge (Video Analyst), Devieka Sathe (Assistant Coach).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people