Mithun named replacement for Praveen Kumar
Cuttack: India received a setback on the eve of their five-match ODI series opener against the West Indies after pace spearhead Praveen Kumar was ruled out of the first three ODIs due chest injury.
Karnataka medium pacer Abhimanyu Mithun will replace him for the first three matches.
"Praveen Kumar has got a blunt chest on the left side, and has therefore been ruled out of the first three ODIs against the West Indies. Abhimanyu Mithun will replace him in the squad for the first three games," secretary Sanjay Jagdale was quoted as saying in a media release issued by BCCI.
Earlier skipper Virender Sehwag during the pre-match conference had said that Praveen had "niggle" and expected to be fit for the second ODIs.
"Praveen Kumar has a niggle so he is not available for first ODI. We expect him to join the squad tomorrow and be fit for the second match," Sehwag told reporters here today.
In the absence of Praveen Kumar, R Vinay Kumar will lead the pace department along with Umesh Yadav and Varun Aaron.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic