Mithun to replace injured Umesh for remaining ODIs
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Karnataka pacer Abhimanyu Mithun would replace injured Umesh Yadav in the Indian squad for the 4th and 5th ODIs against England.
Earlier on Thursday, fast-bowler Umesh Yadav suffered a finger injury during the third ODI.
"Umesh Yadav sustained an injury during the Mohali ODI against England and has been ruled out of the remainder of the ODI series against England. Abhimanyu Mithun has been named his replacement. He will join the Indian team in Mumbai," BCCI Secretary Sanjay Jagdale said in a release.
Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni had said at a post-match press conference that Yadav sustained an injury on a finger in his left-hand while fielding and he was expected to miss the games in Mumbai and Kolkata.
"Umesh suffered an injury on his left-hand finger while trying to stop a Jonathan Trott shot. He will most likely miss the next two ODIs," Dhoni had said.
Yadav, the 23-year-old Vidharbha bowler, took four wickets for 153 runs in the three matches he played.
Though he failed to impress in the third ODI on Thursday, conceding 71 runs without taking any wicket from his quota of 10 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31