Mithun to replace injured Umesh for remaining ODIs
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Karnataka pacer Abhimanyu Mithun would replace injured Umesh Yadav in the Indian squad for the 4th and 5th ODIs against England.
Earlier on Thursday, fast-bowler Umesh Yadav suffered a finger injury during the third ODI.
"Umesh Yadav sustained an injury during the Mohali ODI against England and has been ruled out of the remainder of the ODI series against England. Abhimanyu Mithun has been named his replacement. He will join the Indian team in Mumbai," BCCI Secretary Sanjay Jagdale said in a release.
Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni had said at a post-match press conference that Yadav sustained an injury on a finger in his left-hand while fielding and he was expected to miss the games in Mumbai and Kolkata.
"Umesh suffered an injury on his left-hand finger while trying to stop a Jonathan Trott shot. He will most likely miss the next two ODIs," Dhoni had said.
Yadav, the 23-year-old Vidharbha bowler, took four wickets for 153 runs in the three matches he played.
Though he failed to impress in the third ODI on Thursday, conceding 71 runs without taking any wicket from his quota of 10 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB