Modi sad to hear about ill-health of Yuvraj
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said he was sad to hear about the ill-health of India`s ace cricketer Yuvraj Singh, and expressed hope that he would play again for the nation.
"Sad to hear about ill-health of Yuvraj Singh. He is a fighter and I am sure he`ll come out of it very soon and play again for India," Modi, said on the micro-blogging site twitter.
Yuvraj Singh, who played a stellar role in India`s ODI World Cup triumph last year, has been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing treatment in the United States.
The 30-year-old left-hander, Yuvraj, was Player of the Tournament in the World Cup last year with 362 runs, 15 wickets and four Man-of-the-Match awards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kerala polls: Time ripe for BJP to open account in the state, says Rajiv Pratap Rudy
- TMC will be wiped out after poll results: Congress
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kings XI Punjab's Axar Patel claims first hat-trick of ninth edition
- Petrol prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- IPL 2016: Axar Patel's four-wicket haul guides Kings XI Punjab to 23-run win over table-toppers Gujarat Lions