Modi sad to hear about ill-health of Yuvraj
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said he was sad to hear about the ill-health of India`s ace cricketer Yuvraj Singh, and expressed hope that he would play again for the nation.
"Sad to hear about ill-health of Yuvraj Singh. He is a fighter and I am sure he`ll come out of it very soon and play again for India," Modi, said on the micro-blogging site twitter.
Yuvraj Singh, who played a stellar role in India`s ODI World Cup triumph last year, has been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing treatment in the United States.
The 30-year-old left-hander, Yuvraj, was Player of the Tournament in the World Cup last year with 362 runs, 15 wickets and four Man-of-the-Match awards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves