Modi sad to hear about ill-health of Yuvraj
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said he was sad to hear about the ill-health of India`s ace cricketer Yuvraj Singh, and expressed hope that he would play again for the nation.
"Sad to hear about ill-health of Yuvraj Singh. He is a fighter and I am sure he`ll come out of it very soon and play again for India," Modi, said on the micro-blogging site twitter.
Yuvraj Singh, who played a stellar role in India`s ODI World Cup triumph last year, has been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing treatment in the United States.
The 30-year-old left-hander, Yuvraj, was Player of the Tournament in the World Cup last year with 362 runs, 15 wickets and four Man-of-the-Match awards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Turkey police detain 28 in raids on Erdogan foes
- AAP MLA arrested for sexual harassment, Kejriwal attacks PM with ''Emergency'' taunt
- Rahul Gandhi is in London with a special friend: Subramanian Swamy
- Death toll in Islamist attack in Somalia rises to 15: Police
- Britain's EU commissioner steps down after Brexit vote