Mohammad Ayazuddin loved by one and all
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Md Ayazuddin, the son of former India captain Md Azharuddin, who died on Friday five days after a bike accident, was a budding cricketer, who was liked by one and all in the Hyderabad cricket circle.
He used to hone his cricket skills at Hyderabad’s St Johns, East Marredpally regularly. His friends and coach described him as the most down-to-earth boy who never behaved like a son of a famous father.
They found it hard to believe that he was involved in a high-speed fatality as he was not a person who would go for a bike race with his friends.
"He (Ayaz) is a very quiet and down-to-earth person, who just minds his own business. When we heard that he was riding at a speed of 200 kmph, it was a big shock to us because he is not the kind of person who would do something so stupid and at the same time dangerous. In fact, we never saw him coming to practice on a sports bike. He usually came with his brother on an ordinary bike or car. He is not the kind of person to show off. He was treated like any other boy at the training and Ayaz himself never threw attitude even though his dad was rich and famous," his coach Srinivas had told a newspaper after his bike accident.
The 19-year-old cricketer made headlines couple of years back when he reached Kolkata for Kolkata Knight Riders’ trail camp. Though he did not make the cut, Azhar used to take a lot of interest in his cricket career.
"Azhar took keen interest in his son`s cricket. Whenever he is in town, Azhar comes to watch Ayaz play here and the best thing is he gives a tip or two sometimes, but never interferes," said his coach.
Those who have seen him bat tell that Ayaz’s batting style came pretty close to his dad, a wristy batsman who liked to flick even if the ball pitches outside the off-stump.
Apart from his father, his other cricketing idol was former Australian great Mark Waugh, who like him, was also an occasional off-break bowler besides being a middle-order batsman.
"He also bowled some offspin so I thought I will be like him," he had told a couple of years back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened