Mohammad Hafeez equals Shikhar Dhawan`s record of five ODI centuries in 2013
Zee Media Bureau
Abu Dhabi: After having a poor series against South Africa, Pakistan all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez bounced back with all guns blazing, as he slammed his fifth ton of the year, and third of the ongoing series against Sri Lanka in the 4th ODI match played at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi.
With this ton, the 33-year-old equalled Shikhar Dhawan`s record of five ODI tons this year.
Hafeez also became the second Pakistani batsmen after Zaheer Abbas to score three centuries in a bilateral series.
In the fourth ODI, Sri Lanka batted first and were bowled out for just 225 runs. In reply, Pakistan lost two wickets of Sharjeel Khan and Ahmed Shahzed after which Hafeez and Sohaib Maqsood stitched unbeaten 111 runs to register a comprehensive victory.
Hafeez had scored 122 runs in the first ODI and unbeaten 140 runs in the third ODI. Both the tons helped Pakistan cross the 300-run mark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29