Mohammad Hafeez equals Shikhar Dhawan`s record of five ODI centuries in 2013
Zee Media Bureau
Abu Dhabi: After having a poor series against South Africa, Pakistan all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez bounced back with all guns blazing, as he slammed his fifth ton of the year, and third of the ongoing series against Sri Lanka in the 4th ODI match played at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi.
With this ton, the 33-year-old equalled Shikhar Dhawan`s record of five ODI tons this year.
Hafeez also became the second Pakistani batsmen after Zaheer Abbas to score three centuries in a bilateral series.
In the fourth ODI, Sri Lanka batted first and were bowled out for just 225 runs. In reply, Pakistan lost two wickets of Sharjeel Khan and Ahmed Shahzed after which Hafeez and Sohaib Maqsood stitched unbeaten 111 runs to register a comprehensive victory.
Hafeez had scored 122 runs in the first ODI and unbeaten 140 runs in the third ODI. Both the tons helped Pakistan cross the 300-run mark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'