Mohammad Hafeez urges PCB to prepare sporting wickets
Karachi: Pakistan`s T20 captain, Mohammad Hafeez has urged the cricket authorities to prepare more sporting wickets in domestic cricket so that batsmen are better equipped to go and play in different conditions abroad.
"It wouldn`t be bad if we have more sporting pitches in our domestic cricket. I mean bowler friendly pitches which can test the batsmen," Hafeez told reporters here on Tuesday.
"We struggled recently in the Test series in South Africa as we did not get enough chance to play on seaming pitches with more bounce. The fact that we are now playing most of our series abroad means we need to prepare such wickets here in Pakistan," said the all-rounder.
Pakistan was blown away 3-0 in the Test series in South Africa with none of the matches going into the fifth day and Hafeez failing miserably with the bat in all six innings.
Hafeez said with Pakistan due to take part in the ICC Champions Trophy in England, it wouldn`t be a bad idea for the batsmen to get a chance to practice on similar sort of pitches here.
Pakistan are placed in a tough group with India, South Africa and the West Indies.
Hafeez said the ongoing one-day championship will hold them in good stead in the Champions Trophy.
"It does become easier for us when after playing in the one-day format, we have to go and play in the same 50 over format in the Champions Trophy. Whatever cricket we get at home is always good for the players," he stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply